Burn Permits and Zoning Permits

Morrison Municipal Codes
Zoning Ordinance
Fire Dept.
Burn Permits and Zoning Permits
July 4th Celebration
Calendar of Events
Photo Archives
Job Openings
Contact Us

Town of Morrison, Tennessee

Please remember that burn permits are required year round within the town limits.  If you live inside the town limits . : You may call 931-635-2363 to obtain your permit.  If you call after hours or on the weekend, please leave your name and address and a number will be assigned to you. IMPORTANT IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE TOWN LIMITS YOU MUST CALL 931-635-2754 FOR A PERMIT OR VISIT BURNSAFETN.ORG AND HIT OK AFTER IT GIVES NUMBERS FOR CITY OF McMinnville and Morrison


A reminder 2022 tax payments were due on February 28, 2023, and are now considered delinquent. A 1-1/2% penalty is applied (and compounded) each month taxes are not paid. Please pay delinquent taxes now to avoid incurring more penalties.

Prior tax year delinquencies are subject to the same penalties and risk being turned over to the Warren County Clerk and Master's office.



At the April 2014 board meeting, the Morrison Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to set the delinquency tax rate at 1.5% per month on unpaid balances for property taxes beginning in April of 2014.

Leash Law Reminder
Please remember that there is a leash law in within the town limits.  If you do not keep your dog tied up you could be subject to a fine and a citation to appear in municipal court.


 If you live within the town limits of Morrison, you are  required to have a zoning permit in order to build, add-on or place any kind of structure on your property. This is required by Morrison’s Municipal Code.  In order to obtain a permit you must come to Town Hall and fill out an application.  There is a $50 NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE.  If application is not filled out completely then it will not be accepted.  You are not approved to begin construction until permit has been issued. The permit is good for (6) six months beginning the date the permit is issued.  If an extension is needed, the permit holder must submit a request for an extension prior to existing permit expiring.  Once the application is submitted, it will be turned in to the Zoning Compliance Officer for inspection.  If everything is in compliance with the Zoning Ordinance, you will be given your permit. 

Things required to have a permit:

*Any new building or structure

*Swimming Pools

*Driveway tiles

*Any additions to existing buildings

*Storage buildings 


A failure to obtain a zoning permit prior to beginning any kind of work, will result in an additional $50 fine and a possible misdemeanor charge for violating the Zoning Ordinance.


130 W. Maple St., Morrison, TN  37357